Giving FAQ

Are my gifts to Interserve tax-deductible?

Donations received for Partners, Appointees, On Trackers, approved Projects or the General Fund are generally considered tax-deductible. Personal gifts, i.e., birthday, Christmas, etc. and purchases of books, videos or CD/cassettes are non tax-deductible. On your receipt, you can see what is tax-deductible and what is non tax-deductible. The top portion of your form is your receipt. We also send out a report at the beginning of each new year listing the previous year’s tax-deductible and non-deductible donations. We recommend you consult your tax advisor regarding the tax detectability of your gifts based on your situation.

How do I know my support will go to the right Partner?

Support for Interserve Partners, Appointees, On Trackers, approved projects, or the General Fund is under the control of Interserve. We try to honor the donor’s choice of designation. You may check this when you receive your receipt. If you have any questions or if there is a correction that needs to be made, please contact the Finance Director, Rob Dolan, at (800) 809-4440 or email him at

How do I send in support?

Make your check payable to Interserve and attach a note listing the Partner or project that you would like to support. You may also print out our check donation form online. When you send in your support, you will receive a receipt and return envelope. When you wish to send in your next donation, please tear off the bottom portion of the receipt and return it with your check in the envelope.

What do I do if I want to change my support?

On the bottom tear off portion of your receipt, cross out the information you wish to change, and write in the new details. If you would like to add to your support list, add the new name and amount you would like to give. You may send one check for all listed on the return receipt.

What kinds of support do Appointees, who are going out for the first time, need?

Appointees need to raise Outfitting support. This covers one-time expenses needed before going to their place of service for the first time. They also need to raise pledges for their monthly level of support before leaving for the field. After they leave for the field for the first time, donations go toward support.

If I make a pledge, how do I start giving?

You may start giving at any time. Funds received will be credited toward the support of the one for whom you have made the pledge. You will not be sent a reminder to make payments on your pledge. Your receipt with a return envelope will be your reminder. If you ever wish to cancel, notify the Finance Director at (800) 809-4440 or email him at

Do you accept automated deductions?

Yes, we accept automated deductions through our Easy-Giving EFT Program.  Print out the online form, fill it out, sign it and send it in with your voided check.

What if I want to make changes in my EFT, or cancel it?

You may make changes anytime you wish. Please contact the Finance Director at  (800) 809-4440 or email him at to change:

  • Your address or phone number
  • Partner you wish to support
  • Amount of your donation
  • Or to cancel your Easy-Giving EFT donation

To change your bank account, send us a voided check from your new bank and state the effective date.

May I give an extra gift if I’m part of the Easy-Giving EFT Program?

Yes, just send in a check to:

Attn: Finance Clerk
PO Box 418
Upper Darby, PA 19082-0418

Make the check payable to Interserve, and in a note sent with the check, let us know the name of the Partner whom you wish to support.

May I give a gift by credit card?

Yes, you may give a one-time gift or purchase a book, video or other item by credit card. You may do this online or by calling us at (800) 809-4440 and ask for:

  • The Finance Department if you want to give a one-time gift
  • The Distribution Clerk if you want to purchase a book, video or other item.

May I give stock gifts?

Yes, please contact the Finance Director, Rob Dolan, at  (800) 809-4440 or email him at for instructions. All stock gifts are tax-deductible and you will be sent a letter as your tax-deductible receipt.

Do you have any Planned Giving options?

Yes, we do. Interserve USA has partnered with National Christian Foundation to offer products and services that may be suitable for your charitable giving and stewardship planning.

Please phone Rob Dolan, Finance Director,  at (800) 809-4440.  You can also email him at

ncflogo          ECFA_Accredited_Final_CMYK

Interserve (International Service Fellowship) is a 501c3 organization.